Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Racing and Writing

"The smell of burned rubber"- it sounds so cliche. Until you actually smell it. And hear the roar reverberating into the vast space between the straight away and the sky. And feel the tension singing through the air, creating a live wire that connects the driver to the engine to the stands and up to you. It buzzes behind your ears and slows your breath and prickles your skin. It stops your heart for a half-beat.

And these are the sensations I experienced from only watching the Honda Grande Prix Indy Race. I can only imagine what I'm going to feel when I write one of the characters for my next book into the driver's seat. THAT is going to be incredible......

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever ridden in a race car around a track? What a rush. And we weren't doing anything close to racing speed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!