Friday, April 5, 2013

Book Review: "The Night Circus"

Erin Morgenstern's novel "The Night Circus" is beautiful and, for me at least, surprising. I wasn't exactly sure what to think when I started- I'm really not much of a Fantasy reader. The book was recommended to me because of the circus theme (my first novel, The Hunter, the Hunted and the Thief  is set in the midst of a depression-era travelling carnival) and so I thought I'd give it a try. It was worth it.
"The Night Circus" is a quick read, an easy read, but a totally immersive experience. The circus itself is probably the most fascinating character. It is gorgeous and mysterious and invites the reader to become a part of its world. This book is a wonderful escape from the everyday- its realm is imaginative and thrilling, glittering and deceptive. A wonderful place to find between the pages of a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!