Monday, February 10, 2014

The Bright Side and Writing

I've been overwhelmed lately. New book, old book, FCAT season, editing and then the usual stress of my crazy household, job and well, being me.

I tend to let things build upon one another. Even when I have absolutely everything under control, and everything is working out, I can feel like the world is closing in around me, my thoughts going in all directions, a whirlwind sweeping me up high above the earth.

But I've decided to fight it all with good energy instead of bad. I've decided to trust my work ethic and my direction and desire, and let myself slip just a little bit when it comes to fate. If I can trust myself, well then, I can trust the universe too, I suppose.

One of my favorite quotes, one that I've carried around with me for the last ten years or more is as follows: "Keep kicking against the darkness until it bleeds daylight." My way of looking on the bright side has always been to fight my way there and then hold my ground for as long as I can.

I'm still going to keep fighting. I'll always keep fighting. But I'm changing my battle plan just a little bit this time. I'm going to try to go to war with a smile.

2 comments:

  1. We are a lot alike, Steph! I also remind myself to keep 'kicking at the darkness until it bleeds daylight'. I can't imagine a more appropriate mantra for overwhelming situations.
    Loved this post. Hang in there. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!