Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Spring Break 2015

Last year at this time, I was putting in 12 hour days, every day of spring break, finishing up a manuscript. This year, I have spent the past few days completing revisions on that same manuscript for my agent. It's been a much less stressful time and I've been able to feel like I'm actually taking a "break."

Here's what I haven't been doing:
-Administering writing tests
-Stressing about the writing tests
-Working with teenagers
-Waking up at 5am
-Going to bed before 9pm
-Eating as much as I should (but that's pretty normal)


Here's what I HAVE been doing:
-Reading modernist literature while laying under a canopy of trees
-Writing (of course)
-Obsessing about Eddie Redmayne and tracking down and watching every film he's ever made
-Drinking wine
-Thinking and clearing my head
-Taking the dogs out on the town
-Finding a strange and beautiful sense of peace

It's a different spring break this year. But I'm digging it, that's for sure.


                                                   (Adding to my previous obsessions...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!