Monday, May 23, 2016

May Book Bites!

Some tasty samples of my May reading selections. Enjoy!



Silent City
The first installment in the spicy Miami noir series staring a down-and-out newspaper reporter-turned private eye. Read my interview with Alex Segura to learn more about the Pete Fernandez series, including the recently released second novel Down the Darkest Street. Both books are available now.
 
 

The Other One
Hasanthika Sirisena's collection of Sri Lankan stories, all touched in some way by elements of war, is at once brutal and poignant, raw and complex. You can read my full review over at Small Press Book Review and keep an eye out for my upcoming interview with the author. Available now.
 
 

Maybe Mermaids and Robots are Lonely
You'll have to wait until September for this gem, but I was lucky enough to get my hands on an advanced copy. While the entire collection is brilliant, I have to say that Matthew Fogarty's flash pieces are some of the best I've EVER read. Keep this one on your radar.
 
 
Not Dark Yet
If you're looking for something different, refreshing and thought-provoking, look no further than Berit Ellingsen's climate fiction novel. Written in stark, illuminating prose, Not Dark Yet explores a chilling and lonely future. My interview with the author is a must-read all on its own. Available now. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!