Monday, September 19, 2016

Bouchercon 2016!

I just got back into town from Bouchercon and while I'm still in recovery mode from the whirlwind trip (and busy eating everything in sight- New Orleans is a city with amazing food, but it's not very friendly to gluten-free vegetarians... ), I'd be remiss if I didn't reflect and re-cap  just a little.

This past week was a collection of firsts for me:

-First Bouchercon (ever)

-First major author event of this scale

-First time seeing/holding/trying to bite my advance copies of Lightwood


 
-First time meeting my amazing new publisher Jason Pinter who, incidentally, had ARCs of Lightwood in his hands when we first said hello

-First Noir at the Bar, hosted by the incredible Eric Beetner


-First panel where I was able to finally talk about Lightwood


-First group signing with Polis Books


-First time meeting, in person, so many people and authors whom I love and admire. With some of you I was able to finally to have those long conversations, for others, it might have only been a hug and a hello, but it meant so much as well. Can't wait until the next time...

So, who's ready for Toronto in 2017?

(For more pictures, check out my Bouchercon Peeps album on Facebook. Unfortunately, I usually get caught up in the moment and forget to take pictures.... so- many, many thanks to my husband for remembering!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!